Can you really build your own fly tying tools?|
Yes, you can - and Building Your Own Fly Tying Tools is the book that shows you how!
Fly tyers are consummate craftspersons who like nothing more than to make something that's elegant and practical with their own hands.
But can the tyer use draw on that same craftsman's spirit to make his or own fly tying tools too?
Building Your Own Fly Tying Tools is a tying book that doesn't show you how to tie a single fly. Instead, it shows you how to make the tools you use when you're tying!
In the chapters of this book you'll learn how to make tools ranging from dubbing needles to bobbins, from bobbin threaders to dubbing brush makers, and more. You'll even see how to build your own desktop tying station!
Some projects take just an hour or two, while others are more elaborate and may require a couple of days to complete. But every single one is designed to be built by a regular person, in a regular home workshop, with no unusual tools or technques required.
Believe it: Just as there is nothing like catching a fish on a fly you tied yourself, there is nothing like tying a fly using tools you created with your own hands.
Here are just a few of the projects described in this book:
- Hand tools such as dubbing needles, half hitch tools, dubbing loop twisters, and bobbin threaders
- Elegant bobbins that work and that don't fray thread!
- An extremely versatile dubbing brush making system that makes it quick and easy to create your own custom dubbing brushes
- A desktop fly tying station based on a time-proven design
- A tool caddy system for storing your fly tying tools
- The GBMA, or glass bead management accessory, to make it easier than ever to manage glass beads
- Homebrew hair stackers that you can make from readily available plumbing fittings
- A practical look at how the idea of "repurposing" puts a homebrew tying vise within anyone's reach
- And many more!
What they're saying about this book:
"A unique book that adds a whole new dimension to the joy of tying flies."
- Matt Westborn, long-time fly tyer
"...clearly written and clearly illustrated...as practical a book as you'll find."
- Jim Connors, fly tying instructor
"...very well done...insanely good!"
- Aaron Sago, founder, North Georgia Trout Online
About the author:
Steve Hudson has been fly fishing and fly tying for more than five decades.
An award-winning journalist, he's written extensively about fly fishing, travel and outdoor recreation.
He particularly enjoys teaching others about fly fishing and fly tying, and he is a frequent speaker and seminar leader on fly fishing,
fly tying, and outdoor recreation throughout the U.S. He is also the author of Tying Flies for Stocked Trout and several
volumes in the Basic Boxes series of fly tying guides. He lives in Alpharetta, Ga.
Building Your Own Fly Tying Tools is a 185-page e-book (PDF format),
available for IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD.
Your book can be read (and printed) from any computer that has Acrobat Reader (Version 4.0 or higher).
If you don't have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for FREE from here.
Building Your Own Fly Tying Tools
A regular person's guide to building and using
your own fly fying tools and accessories
by Steve Hudson
(185-page e-book) (PDF format)
Immediate delivery! When you submit your order, you'll be able to download this valuable book immediately!